Sue Robb of 4Children talks to Julie Laughton and Alison Britton from the Department for Education about the role of childminders in delivering the 30 hours free entitlement.
Knowsley Metropolitan Borough Council has announced that its cabinet has unanimously agreed that it will establish a charitable trust to manage the borough’s green spaces.
Shaping a New Future for Knowsley’s Parks, first agreed in November, has paved the way for a charitable trust to be established in April 2019 to manage green spaces in the borough, when council funding for the service runs out. The 10 per cent sale of green spaces over the next 15 years will help fund the trust, expected to create a £40 million endowment - the interest from which would be used to manage and maintain the remaining 90 per cent.
Andy Moorhead, leader of the council, said: “We know that our proposals for the future management of parks and green spaces are a big decision for the borough and one that we must get right. As a cabinet, we’re only too well aware that taking no action to protect our parks and green spaces is not an option. With funding running out from April next year we have a responsibility to think creatively to ensure future generations are still able to enjoy quality open spaces as we do.
“This is not a decision we have come to lightly – and it was not a decision we made alone. The recommendations we’ve agreed were put forward following extensive consultation and research by the independent Parks Review Board who were asked to find the best solution. This is about protecting parks, not taking them away. Now that the decision has also been through the scrutiny process I’m even more confident that we’re on the right track. Work will now get underway to develop the full business case which will be back before cabinet later this year.”
Safe4 Information Management was founded in the United Kingdom in 2010 with the specific intention of providing a highly secure internet-based service for any organisation that shares confidential information with external parties, without the need for email.